Friday, September 7, 2012

September Senior Parent College Meeting

Wednesday, 5 September 2012

Greetings Lusher Parents of Seniors, Class of 2013:

Approaching the important milestones of my son departing for college, my daughter entering high school (at Lusher, of course!), celebrating 21 years of marriage, and completing my 23rd year in high school education, I am ecstatic to return to New Orleans, particularly in joining the Lusher Charter School community.  I began my teaching career at Metairie Park Country Day, married a Crescent City gal, and both of our children were born in Metairie.  We have family, friends, and former students all across the “deep South,” so it is very exciting to return to teach, learn, and contribute to the region we care for so deeply.

I have really enjoyed getting to meet and speak with your sons and daughters.  To date, I have met with about 1/4 of the seniors to discuss strategies for their individual college application plans.  If he or she has not already, please encourage your child to drop by the counseling office and schedule an appointment time with me.  As in previous years, we will continue to make significant use of the resources, tools, and communication portals provided by the on-line program Naviance.  In addition to having an abundance of information (from college research to scholarship information), Naviance also facilitates communication between home and school, contributing valued support and peace of mind to Seniors as they navigate through the potential complexities of the college selection process.

Please mark your calendar to attend the Senior Parent College Meeting next Tuesday, 11 September starting at 6:00PM in the Lusher Library.  We will review a number of details relevant to Lusher’s college selection process, including: log-in information for your Naviance account; up-coming testing and counseling deadlines; and reviewing strategies for a “stress-reduced” college process.

I look forward to meeting and speaking with you Tuesday evening.   Please feel free to contact me by e.mail at sam_wagner@lusherschool.org, as questions arise.   Additionally, I invite you to peruse my Blog at http://wagnersmvsblog.blogspot.com/ as means of further introduction.

I look forward to getting to know you and your child in the weeks and months to come.  Again, I am honored to join the Lusher School community.

With sincere and appreciative regards,


Sam Wagner
Director of College Counseling

No comments:

Post a Comment